You can easily transform existing or legacy applications(.Net, Java) into containerized applications with the use of AWS App2Container. The application can be running on-premises, cloud or on virtual machines.
How to REDUCE your monthly cloud bills by 25% in 7 days ?
5 simple and highly effective suggestions in blueprint to reduce your cloud costs.
AWS App2Container(A2C) is a command line tool that enables easy transforming of existing applications into containerized applications without the need to change any code.
How does AWS App2Container(A2C) transform applications into Containers?
- A2C identifies supported applications and builds a complete inventory of all the ASP.NET and Java applications that can be running anywhere (On-premises, Cloud, Virtual Machines etc.)
- A2C then analyzes the application selected for containerization and identifies its dependencies including cooperating processes and network port dependencies.
- A2C generates ECS task definitions and Kubernetes deployment YAML for the containerized application following the AWS best practices for security and scalability by integrating with various AWS services such as ECR, ECS, and EKS.
- A2C generates CloudFormation template to configure required compute, network, and security infrastructure to seamlessly deploy containerized applications in AWS.
What type of applications can be transformed using AWS App2Container?
AWS App2Container (A2C) currently supports the following application types:
- ASP.NET (.NET 3.5+) web applications running in IIS 7.5+ on Windows. A2C packages these applications with Windows containers.
- Java applications running on Linux standalone JBoss, Apache Tomcat, and generic Java applications (Spring Boot, IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic, etc.).
- A2C packages Java applications with Linux containers.
- Containers allow you to run your applications across different envrionments with ease. Extremely mobile and compact design is the reason for Containers popularity.
- Containers enable better utilization of server resources that in turn leads to cost savings.
- Eliminates the need of complex application and dependency set up.
Can I migrate database used by the application when using AWS App2Container?
No, App2Container does not support migrating dependencies external to the application server . Since database comes under this category it is not supported. But you can always use tools like AWS Database Migration Service to migrate your database to AWS
Need guidance or support to address AWS , Azure Cloud issues?
Click here to know how you can get FREE help.
And if you wish to understand AWS App2Container in more detail check out the AWS App2Container details here.
Syed Saif | 19 Oct 2021 | Microsoft Azure App Service.What is Microsoft Azure App Service? Microsoft Azure App Service allows you to quickly build, deploy and scale web and mobile (Android, iOs)apps .It is a fully managed platform (PaaS) that provides management,...
AWS Proton is a managed services from AWS. It automates management and deployment of serverless applications as well as those applications that run on containers. AWS Proton addresses the challenges faced in managing hundreds of microservices based applications.
Get a quick glimpse of Microsoft Azure Bot Service , it’s features and the framework that you can use to easily build, test, manage, connect and deploy intelligent enterprise-grade bots.
Devops is an important part of any software development. Instead of spending your previous time and efforts, check out these AWS services and tools that you can leverage to set up Devops easily and efficiently.
AWS has 350 plus EC2 instance types to choose from. Going through the various technical details on the AWS website is overwhelming even for an expert. In this blog I explain the critical details and compare the pricing in a concise and easy to understand way.
AWS, Azure and Google cloud pricing compared. Find out services that are costly and services that are cheaper across AWS , Azure and GCP. Also understand different naming conventions used for same services.