You can easily transform existing or legacy applications(.Net, Java) into containerized applications with the use of AWS App2Container. The application can be running on-premises, cloud or on virtual machines.
How to REDUCE your monthly cloud bills by 25% in 7 days ?
5 simple and highly effective suggestions in blueprint to reduce your cloud costs.
AWS App2Container(A2C) is a command line tool that enables easy transforming of existing applications into containerized applications without the need to change any code.
How does AWS App2Container(A2C) transform applications into Containers?
- A2C identifies supported applications and builds a complete inventory of all the ASP.NET and Java applications that can be running anywhere (On-premises, Cloud, Virtual Machines etc.)
- A2C then analyzes the application selected for containerization and identifies its dependencies including cooperating processes and network port dependencies.
- A2C generates ECS task definitions and Kubernetes deployment YAML for the containerized application following the AWS best practices for security and scalability by integrating with various AWS services such as ECR, ECS, and EKS.
- A2C generates CloudFormation template to configure required compute, network, and security infrastructure to seamlessly deploy containerized applications in AWS.
What type of applications can be transformed using AWS App2Container?
AWS App2Container (A2C) currently supports the following application types:
- ASP.NET (.NET 3.5+) web applications running in IIS 7.5+ on Windows. A2C packages these applications with Windows containers.
- Java applications running on Linux standalone JBoss, Apache Tomcat, and generic Java applications (Spring Boot, IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic, etc.).
- A2C packages Java applications with Linux containers.
- Containers allow you to run your applications across different envrionments with ease. Extremely mobile and compact design is the reason for Containers popularity.
- Containers enable better utilization of server resources that in turn leads to cost savings.
- Eliminates the need of complex application and dependency set up.
Can I migrate database used by the application when using AWS App2Container?
No, App2Container does not support migrating dependencies external to the application server . Since database comes under this category it is not supported. But you can always use tools like AWS Database Migration Service to migrate your database to AWS
Need guidance or support to address AWS , Azure Cloud issues?
Click here to know how you can get FREE help.
And if you wish to understand AWS App2Container in more detail check out the AWS App2Container details here.
If you use Amazon Cloudfront for delivering your content then this is good news for you. AWS now offers upto 1 TB of data transfer from CDN free. If you are using a different CDN provider then you should compare the costs incurred.
Microsoft Azure AI is a set of services that provide features to build your AI applications. Find out which AI Services suit your requirement. With each service you get a well defined framework , tools and guidelines. It makes your job easier to incorporate AI into your apps.
Whether you are a startup or a large organization misconfiguration of AWS , Azure cloud is a top concern. This one simple and easy step greatly increases security posture of your cloud app environment. Protect your cloud environment from internal and external actors.
Find out the top 6 levers you can use to drastically reduce your AWS , Azure monthly cloud bills. Cloud costs have the habit of slowly creeping up each month. By the time you realise it, a large amount is wasted.Avoid it by using these 6 levers.
Build Web and Mobile apps quickly using Microsoft Azure App service. You can use any of the popular framework languages including .NET, Java , Python, Ruby and many more. There are many benefits to using Azure App Service.
AWS Proton is a managed services from AWS. It automates management and deployment of serverless applications as well as those applications that run on containers. AWS Proton addresses the challenges faced in managing hundreds of microservices based applications.