Misconfiguration of cloud environment ranked as the top security concern of many organizations as per a survey conducted among 500+ professionals from small businesses to large organizations.
Public cloud has become an important part of most organizations. For Startups and Small Businesses , public clouds like AWS, Azure have become super critical and core to their business.
Any mistakes or misconfiguration in your AWS , Azure cloud environment can result in all sorts of risks and vulnerabilities, from internal and external actors. Risks that can seriously impact the business continuity itself.
How to REDUCE your monthly cloud bills by 25% in 7 days ?
5 simple and highly effective suggestions in blueprint to reduce your cloud costs.
- Firewall/Security Groups
- Server accesses.SSH Key or Password based login
- Apps or scripts running in root mode
- Encryption of data on disks and other storage
- Common user id for multiple users
- Direct login to prod servers. No Bastion host
- Server Reboot schedule
- Antimalware , IDS(Intrusion detection system) , IPS(Intrusion prevention system) config
- Type of access enabled for users. Role based or wide access
- Redundancy Setup for your prod environment
If you need suggestions to correct misconfiguration in the above items, download the whitepaper here. In this whitepaper I explain in more detail misconfiguration in each of the items and how to correct them. I also tell you the complexity , efforts and timelines to correct the misconfiguration.Need guidance or support to secure AWS or Azure Cloud? Click here to know how you can get help. And if you are ready, check out the tough stuff to secure your AWS or Azure Cloud environment . Security suggestions by AWS. For Azure here is how you secure your application environment